|Bato, Catanduanes - PAGASA Most Advanced Doppler Radar Location|
Currently, PAGASA uses the US made coaxial magnetrons Doppler technology which are installed on Baguio, Baler Aurora, Subic, Hinatuan, Tagaytay and Mactan which cost P3 Million each and to be replaced every 3-5 years.
PAGASA most Advanced Meteorological Doppler Radar Features:
1. More accurate weather forecasting using Solid State Amplifier (SSPA).
2. Uses all Digital instrumentation. Provides Digital Video Processing and Automatic Sequential Observation for Wind speed and direction and accumulated rainfall.
3. S-Band system can transmit sound waves as far as 480 kilometers away to determine wind velocity, rainfall volume, speed, coverage and intensity
4. Low power consumption and can last up to 15 years.
5. The 8-storey fiber glass tower can withstand 450 Kph wind.
This P560 Million project was grant-in-aid program by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and investing on this accurate weather forecasting will really save thousands of people and Billion of Pesos. The other 2 MDR will be installed in Aparri, Cagayan Valley and Guiuan, Eastern Samar until 2013.
+ PAGASA List of Typhoon Names for 2013, 2017 and 2021
+ PAGASA Typhoon PABLO Deaths and Damages - Deadliest in 2012
+ DOE Energy Plan for 2012-2030 - Aims to Mitigate Climate Change
+ DOST Project NOAH - Now Available on Mobile Android
+ EO26 NGP - PNOY 1 Billion Trees Reforestation Program
+ New PAGASA Rain Color Coded Warning Signal Alert System
+ PAGASA Habagat Brings 80% of ONDOY'S Rain Volume
+ How PAGASA, DOST Project NOAH Works? - A Review
+ PAGASA Most Advanced Doppler Radar is Operational in Catanduanes
+ Typhoon Sendong - Philippines Most Deadliest Typhoon for 2011