|Canon Pixma MP287 Inkjet Printer Quick Start and High Speed Printing|
Canon Pixma MP287 ALL in ONE is my first inkjet printer I bought at P3,495 with 3 years warranty promo. Overall performance and print quality is excellent except for some things.
What's in the BOX?
1 Canon MP287 Printer
1 MP280 Driver Disc
1 User Manual - Multi Language
1 USB Connector
1 Power Cable
1 PG-810 Black cartridge
1 CL-811 Color cartridge
Here is my Review for Canon Pixma MP287 Inkjet Printer:
1. Cheap Price for ALL in ONE printer (Print, Scan and Copy features)
2. Printer bundled with 1 set of Genuine ink (PG-810 Black and CL-811 Colored costing P1,730)
3. Fast StartUP
4. High speed printing
5. Scan and Copy is fast and quality is excellent especially color copies.
6. Print Head is located on the ink cartridge - the reason why MP287 is better for CISS than other brand.
1. It is not a standalone printer, you need a PC to RUN it except for copying.
2. Genuine ink cost is expensive (1 set of cartridge cost P1,730, includes PG-810 Black (P745) and CL-811(P985) Colored.
3. Photo Print Quality is a bit darker.
4. Text document is DULL on Fast print settings.
5. Colored cartridge is TRI-COLOR( if one color is depleted, you should replace the cartridge).
6. Legal documents copying and scanning is not possible.
|Sample A4 Colored Picture Printed with Canon Pixma MP287|
Canon Pixma MP287 Printer Genuine Ink vs Ink Refill
With 3 years warranty, surely this printer would make a long long way to go and 1 set of genuine ink cartridge costing P1,730, I have doubt that having to replace it with genuine ink would save me for cost in the long run than the 3 years warranty it offers.
Why use a Refill Ink?
1. It saves you up to 50% - 96% on Ink cost.
2. Help the environment by recycling the cartridges.
3. Good for everyday printing documents.
1. Void your printer warranty.
2. Low quality (pictures and documents).
3. Prone to errors.
Canon MP287 CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System) Refill Cost and Price
There are many Ink refilling station and offering CISS conversion in the market and the choice is yours. Here are some of them. You can find them on SM Malls and Waltermart.
Ink All You Can - CISS starts at P3,000;
Black PG-810 Ink refill = P350
Color CL-811 Ink refill = P400
InkRite - CISS starts at P2,700
Printer for Less starts at P2,000
INK 1 - CISS starts at P1,800
So, if you want a quality printing of pictures and documents, then use a canon genuine ink and if you are cost conscious person, a refill and CISS is a good choice.
Canon Pixma MP287 Inkjet Printer Specs
Features: Print, Copy and Scan
Print Head: FINE Cartridge
Number of Nozzles: 1472
Print Resolution: 4800 dpi
Copy Resolution: 1200 x 2400 dpi
Black - PG-810 or PG-810 XL
Color - CL-811 or CL-811 XL
PG-810 Page Yield - 220 pages
PG-810 XL Page Yield - 401 pages
CL-811 Page and Photo Yield - 244 pages, 83 standard 4x6" photos
CL-811 XL Page and Photo Yield - 349 pages, 122 standard 4x6" photos
Ink Droplet Size: 2pL
Paper Size: A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, Envelopes, 4x6", 5x7", 8x10"
Power: 100-220V, 50/60Hz
More about Canon Pixma Mp287
+ Epson ME101 vs Canon E510 AiO Printer - Price, Specs and Pros Comparison
+ Epson ME101 vs Canon Pixma MP287/MP237 Printer Price and Specs
+ Canon Printer AUTHORIZED Service Centers - LUZON Area
+ Epson L210 vs Canon E600 AiO Printer Specs, Price and Ink Comparison
+ How to Fix and Troubleshoot Canon Pixma MP287 Printer Error Codes
+ Canon Pixma E600 vs E500 Printer Specs - Scan and Copy Legal Documents
+ Canon, Epson, HP, Brother Printer CISS Conversion Price and Ink Savings
+ Brother J125 vs Canon MP287 AIO Printer Specs, Price, Ink Comparison
+ Epson L200 vs Canon Pixma E500 Ink Efficient Printer - Which is Better?
+ Canon Pixma Printer E500 vs MP287 - Specs, Price and Ink Comparison