|PAGASA Project NOAH Doppler Radar System Location - Subic, Tagaytay, Cebu and Hinatuan|
Do you agree with me that " What we cannot see is Dangerous?" and "What we cannot Measure, we cannot Improve? ".
Department of Science and Technology (DOST) in collaboration with 21 other government and private institutions including PAGASA, PHILVOLCS, DILG, Smart, SUN and Globe Telecommunications implemented the most advance measure in mitigating disaster and reducing natural hazards in our country which is called Project NOAH.
How DOST Project NOAH Works?
Project NOAH (Nationwide Operational Assessment of Hazards) is basically a Weather Station, Temperature, Rain, Flood, Landslide and Typhoon monitoring and warning system rolled into one website. The site is currently under Beta stage which means that it is available for public testing before it final release version.
It's mission is to increase awareness brought by extreme natural hazards events like flooding, typhoon and earthquake to make intelligent decisions to save lives and properties either by government, private institution and an individual.
DOST Project NOAH Features
1. Flood/Landslide Mapping
2. Weather Station Locations (measures Temperature, Rainfall, Wind Speed and Direction, Pressure and Humidity on per hour basis).
3. Rain and Stream Gauges
4. MTSAT for Typhoon Monitoring
5. Doppler Radar Stations
|DOST Project NOAH Rain and Stream Gauge and Automatic Weather Station Location|
Project NOAH Review and Improvements
Since it is already in final version and released in public, you can find bugs and features that can be further improved that are not implemented in Beta stage. The site uses the Philippine Google maps to clearly identify key places, locations, roads and terrains.
Mapping where the weather instruments are put into place will clearly see where and what place is lacking with monitoring system. Some are possible improvements I recommend on the site.
1. There is a newly installed Doppler Radar in Catanduanes and other Doppler are missing on the Map.
2. I'm not expert on weather but I suggest to put one weather station in Catanduanes, Marinduque and Cebu City - Done except on Marinduque.
3. Catanduanes Automatic Weather Station cannot be access.
4. Rainfall, Temperature and Pressure Contour is not in the right contour of the Philippine Map - Already fixed.
5. Addition of Typhoon Forecast track, Predicted Mean Sea Level Pressure and Wind Analysis on the site will increase awareness for typhoon or weather related disasters will complement MTSAT images.
6. Hazard Flood Map on San Juan and San Cristobal River on Looc Calamba, Laguna.
7. PHILVOLCS Earthquake and Fault Line Hazard Mapping should be included so that people should be aware of every fault line locations.
Do you have suggestion or idea how to improve the site?
Check your Weather with DOST Project NOAH site
+ Jesse Robredo's Piper Seneca Plane Specs and Crashed Site
+ New PAGASA Color Coded Rain Warning Signal Alert System
+ PAGASA HABAGAT brings 80% of ONDOY'S Rain Volume in 24 Hours
+ PNOY 3rd SONA 2012 - Highlights on technology Improvements
+ PAGASA Most Advanced Doppler Radar - Already Operational in Catanduanes