|Canon Pixma E600 - Printer that can Scan and Copy Legal Sized Documents|
Recently, Canon release it's latest printer model Pixma E500 in 2011 for consumers with low cost, ink efficient capability and much faster printing. This year 2012, a sequel to E500 packed with more features and capabilities is released - the Canon Pixma E600.
If you need fax, ink efficient and can copy and scan legal sized papers then Canon Pixma E600 printer is right for you.
Canon Pixma E600 Specs
Features: Print, Scan, Copy, Fax
Print Resolution: 4800 dpi
Scan Resolution: 1200 x 2400 dpi
Fax Resolution: Black - 300 x 300 dpi, Colour - 200 x 200 dpi
Print Head: FINE Cartridge
Number of Nozzle: 1792
Technology: Thermal Inkjet
Ink Droplet size: 2 pL
Ink Cartridge Capacity and Price:
PG-88 Black - 21 mL (P595)
CL-98 Colour - 21 mL (P695)
Page Yield PG-88 Black - 800 pages
Page Yield CL-98 Colour - 400 pages
Paper Sizes: A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 4x6", 5x7", 8x10", Envelopes
Power Consumption: Copying - approx. 14W
See Canon Pixma E500 Specs
|Canon Creative park website with Premium Content for Genuine Ink Users|
Canon Pixma E600 vs E500 Price and Ink Comparison
1. Initial Cost - E600 is more expensive than E500 with price difference of P1,500 but packed with more features.
2. Features - Both are All in One (AiO) printer but E600 is added with Fax feature, copying and scanning with legal sized papers thru it's ADF (Auto Document Feeder).
3. Ink Cartridges - Basically they have the same ink cartridges PG-88 and CL-98, both low cost Ink efficient that can print up to 1200 pages with 1792 Nozzle. In Canon thermal Inkjet technology, increasing the number of nozzle means faster printing.
4. CISS - Since E600 is latest product, Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS) is not yet available in the market
5. Power Consumption - E500 consumes less power (12 watts) when copying compared to E600 14 watts.
6. Weight - E600 is more compact and heavy weighing 8.5 kg compared to E500 5.3 kg.
If you heave extra budget on your pocket and you need a Fax for home or office use, I recommend this printer compared to E500. I'm happy that E600 can now copy and scan legal size documents. One thing left that low cost canon printer failed to give to it's customer is using separate ink cartridges for colour.
Currently E600 and E500 uses TRI-COLOUR in one ink cartridge and if one color is depleted, you have to replaced the whole cartridges which is a waste of ink and money.
Choosing printer depends on your needs and choose wisely because a cheap printer will cost you more on ink in the long run or buy a little more expensive one like Canon Pixma E600 and it will give you more features plus low cost ink.
More on Canon Pixma E600
+ Epson L210 vs Canon E600 AiO Printer Specs, Price and Ink Comparison
+ How to Fix and Troubleshoot Canon Pixma MP287 Printer Error Codes
+ Canon, Epson, HP, Brother Printer CISS Conversion Price and Ink Savings
+ Brother J125 vs Canon MP287 AIO Printer - Specs, Price and Ink Comparison
+ Epson L200 vs Canon Pixma E500 - Which is Better?
+ Canon Pixma High Sierra Backpack and Esprit Watch Promo
+ Canon Pixma MP287 All in One Printer Review, Specs and Ink Refill