|Western Digital (WD) Home and Small Office (SOHO) NAS HDD|
Desktop Hard Disk Drive (HDD) are designed for Desktop computers and using this kind of HDD to NAS (Networked Attached Storage) running 24/7 is not a good idea because of high risk of HDD failure and loss of data. In addition, it is not compatible, no error recovery controls and subject to noise and vibration.
NAS or Networked Attached Storage is file server, it is a method of sharing files among multiple computers. It's main advantage is faster data access, easier administration and simple configuration. According to research, NAS market is poised to grow 86.2% from 2011-2016.
To solve this problems and challenges, Western Digital (WD) launches RED NAS Hard Drive equipped with NASware technology to deliver power, performance and reliability in small NAS system available in 3.5 inch 1 TB, 2 TB and 3 TB capacity.
Western Digital (WD) Line of Hard Disk Drives
WD customers application for storage solutions is diverse and their line up of HDD are distinguishable in 4 colors below. So, you better choose the right one for you in order to save money and optimized performance.
1. RED - Designed for 24/7 operating environment. For Small Office and Home Use Networked Attached Storage (SOHO NAS).
2. BLUE - Solid performance and reliability for everyday computing. Good for desktop PC's and certain industrial applications.
3. GREEN - Cool, quiet and Eco-friendly. Designed for use in secondary drives in PC's and other application that need low noise and heat.
4. BLACK - Maximum performance for power computing. For professionals looking for leading edge performance.
|WD Line up of Hard Disk Drives in Blue, Green, Black and Red Colors|
WD RED NAS Hard Drive Specs and Prices
Prices: 1 TB = P4,995, 2 TB = P6,195, 3 TB = P8,695
Capacity: 1TB - 3TB
Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s
Cache: 64 MB
Operating Temperature: 0 - 70 degrees Celsius
Power Consumption: 0.60 - 3.70 Watts
Application: Small Office and Home Use Networked Attached Storage (SOHO NAS)
Reliability: 1 Million Hours MTBF (Mean Time Before Failures)
Warranty: 3 Years
Weight: 0.45 - 0.635 kg.
WD Philippine Resellers and Distributors
1. EA Global Supply Chain Solutions Inc.
2. Verdure Xchange Tech Inc.
3. Ubertech Incorporated
WD RED NAS
Think Big Events PR
+ WD Enterprise 4TB RE SATA and SAS HDD Price and Specs
+ First RMA Service Center of WD Philippines - Opens in Makati City
+ MMDA to Receive 28 TB of WD AV-GP HDD from Western Digital
+ Why Does Seagate HDD Prices became Expensive this 2012?
+ SSD vs. HDD Pros and Cons - The Future of Storage Devices