|Latest MyPhone A868 DUO running on 1 GHz processor, 3.95" capacitive touchscreen, Dual Camera with 3.5 MP main and 3G capability|
MyPhone A868 DUO is A858 with 3G on board and front-facing VGA camera. They have the same specs but the capability of 3G internet is a big difference.
There are 3 reasons why you should buy this Android Phone.
1. It is 3G capable and dual camera.
2. It runs on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
Why choose 3G Android Phones?
3rd Generation (3G) connectivity is fast internet connection which saves you money in the long run. If you connect on EDGE and paying for P10 per 30 minutes on internet, I think connecting on 3G is worthy because you can download more data in shorter period of time.
The drawback is you can't use 3G to areas without 3G capability from network service provider. So, why buy a 3G phone if your area can't support that technology?
Gingerbread vs Ice Cream Sandwich
There are pros and cons in having Gingerbread (GB) and Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) as operating system in your Android phone. The question is do you really want an Ice Cream Sandwich and do you think it is the right one for you?
Pros of Ice Cream Sandwich
1. It's a major upgrade of Gingerbread, User Interface (UI) have new look and feel.
2. Improved multitasking, widgets and folders. Activity manager has completely new UI, to close an activity just simply swipe it out of the list. Also, there is Face recognition app for Face Unlock using front-facing camera. When running on low RAM, activity manager automatically closes other processes depending on priority.
3. Better browser performance - Android 4.0 browser showed an improvement of 220% compared to Android 2.3 browser in V8 benchmark suite
Cons of ICS
Have you ever wonder why Samsung Android phones are not running on ICS? Ice Cream Sandwich is developed using dual-core CPU power and 1 GB RAM. ICS is more intensive and uses more resources.
1. Requires more CPU power and increased RAM usage
2. Needs more powerful hardware (dual core CPU, higher RAM and high capacity battery)
3. Uses more power thus, faster battery drain
|MyPhone A858 DUO running on MT6515M 1 Ghz processor and Gingerbread OS|
Gingerbread is stable operating system and widely used OS by Samsung, Sony, Lenovo and our local mobile brand Cherry Mobile and MyPhone and staying with Gingerbread is not a mistake because of it's stability and affordability.
So, do you want a Gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich? If you want an ICS, MyPhone A898 DUO is running on 1 GHz dual-core, 512 MB RAM and 3G capable costing at P7,499 which is approximately P2,000 more expensive.
MyPhone A858/A868 DUO Price, Features and Full Specs
Price: P5,999 (A868 based on cash cash pinoy); P4,999 (A858)
Features: Dual SIM, FM Radio, Motion Sensor, Proximity Sensor, GPS and Pinoy Phone App
Screen: 3.95" Capacitive Touch Screen
Resolution: 320 x 480
OS: Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
CPU: MT6515 1 GHz Processor (A858); MT6575 1 GHz Processor (A868)
GPU: PowerVR SGX 531
RAM: 512 MB
Internal Memory: 128 MB
Camera: Dual camera with 3.2 MP main and front-facing VGA for video chatting (A868 only). A858 have 3.2 MP single camera.
Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB and 3G capable
Battery: 1600 mAh
Android Gingerbread 2.3 vs Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0
Sony Mobile Difference between GB and ICS
+ MyPhone A919 DUO vs Cherry Mobile TITAN Price and Specs Comparison
+ MyPhone A898 vs Cherry Mobile TITAN Price and Specs - Which is Better?
+ Cherry Mobile FLARE and W500 TITAN Price and Specs - Cheapest Dual-Core
+ Cheapest Dual-Core Android Price and Specs in the Philippines
+ StarMobile ASTRA vs MyPhone A898 DUO Price and Specs Comparison
+ MyPhone A898 DUO vs Lenovo S560 Price and Specs Comparison
+ Lenovo P700i/S560 vs Sony Xperia J Price and Full Specs Comparison
+ Sony Xperia J vs Xperia MIRO Price and Full Specs Comparison