|Moore's Law states that transistors would double every two years on a computer chip|
Collection of Technology Quotes
1. "The number of transistors would double on a computer chip every couple of year" -Moore's Law-
2. "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein-
3. "Software is getting SLOWER more rapidly than hardware becomes faster" -Wirth's Law-
4. "Geography has made us neighbors. History has made us friends. Economics has made us partners, and necessity has made us allies. Those whom God has so joined together, let no man put asunder" -John F. Kennedy-
5. "I used to think that cyberspace was fifty years away. What I thought was fifty years away, was only ten years away. And what I thought was ten years away... it was already here. I just wasn't aware of it yet"
6. "Not only does God play dice but... He sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen"
7. "We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on Science and Technology" -Carl Sagan-
8. "It is only when they go wrong that machines remind you how powerful they are" -Clive James-
9. It's impossible to move, to live, to operate at any level without leaving traces, bits, seemingly meaningless fragments of personal information.
10. "In software systems it is often the early bird that makes the worm" -Alan Perlis-
11. "Stay Foolish, Stay Hungry...Don't waste your time living with someone else's life" -Steve Job-
12. "Microsoft is engaging in unlawful predatory practices that go well beyond the scope of fair competition" -Orrin Hatch-
13. "Technology is a gift of God. After the gift of life it is perhaps the greatest of God's gifts. It is the mother of Civilizations, of Arts and of Sciences" -Freeman Dyson-
14. "The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency" -Bill Gates-
15. "GLOBALIZATION...as defined by rich people like us, is a very nice thing... you are talking about the Internet, you are talking about cell phones, you are talking about computers. This doesn't affect two-thirds of the people of the world" -Jimmy Carter-
16."If we continue to develop our technology without wisdom or prudence, our servant may prove to be our executioner " -Omar N. Bradley-
17. "One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man" -Elbert Hubbard-
18. "The most important and urgent problems of the Technology of today are no longer the satisfactions of the primary needs or of archetypal wishes, but the reparation of the evils and damages by the Technology of yesterday" -Dennis Gabor-
19. “A single invention has a capability to transform the wealth of a nation. And it’s common that great inventions and great innovations actually can go unnoticed...sitting on university desk...they don’t get out..they don’t escape and don’t see the light of day.” -Arboleras-